Applications for 2024 are possible at any time.
The Staatliche Institut für Musikforschung awards scholarships for research stays of one to three months. Priority is given to projects by foreign scholars that are related to the research priorities of the SIM.
Scholarships are awarded for the following main topics:
- Performance practice
- Music theory
- Music technology
- Music of the 19th and 20th centuries
Scholarship holders should be given the opportunity to establish specialist contacts with staff of the SIM and the other institutions of the Stiftung Preußischer Kulturbesitz.
The minimum requirement for an application is a first university degree at the time of application. The monthly stipend amounts to 1,300 € for applicants with a university degree, 1,600 € for academics with a doctorate or comparable qualification. In addition, a travel allowance up to a maximum of 500,- € can be granted.
The scholarships are awarded twice a year, with applications for an award in the second half of the same year to be submitted by 31 March of the current year; applications for an award in the first half of the following year to be submitted by 30 September of the current year.
The following application documents must be enclosed with an application:
- a completed application form
- a curriculum vitae
- two letters of recommendation from academic teachers on the applicant's academic qualifications (in the case of graduate/doctoral applications)
- a list of publications
- copies of university transcripts and academic degree certificates
- a detailed description of the project (maximum 10 pages: justification and objectives, method, bibliography. Preliminary work already carried out; cooperation with other academics).
A detailed compilation of all information on the scholarship programme of the Stiftung Preußischer Kulturbesitz can be found at Scholarship Programme SPK