Visiting the Museum
The Musikinstrumenten-Museum is generally open every week from Tuesday to Sunday. This page provides information about your visit with us.
Digital museum guide
Construction work on the goods lifts
Currently, the goods lift is being repaired and will not be usable until probably mid-June 2023. During this time, it will not be possible to access the upper floor of the museum with a wheelchair. We apologise very much for this! After completion of the renovation work, the "small" passenger lift will then also be wheelchair accessible.
Safety regulations in force since 5 November 2022
For reasons of security, the exhibition rooms can only be visited after jackets and bags have been handed in at the cloakroom or in the lockers. Tight-fitting jackets such as jackets, jackets, blazers and cardigans are exempt from the duty to hand in. Bags of any size must be handed in. In case of doubt, the supervisory staff will decide. Necessary items such as valuables, emergency medication or baby bottles may be taken into the exhibition in transparent carrier bags. Transparent carrier bags are available at the cloakroom.
Museum box office
+49 30 254 81 178
Click here to go directly to our calendar of events (in German).
Visiting the museum
Find more information about accessibility, entrance fees and guided tours, here.
- The Flutes of European Art Music (PDF, 158.19 KB)
- On the history of the clavichord (PDF, 176.02 KB)
- On the history of the fortepiano (PDF, 230.92 KB)
- The instruments of the St. Wenzel Church in Naumburg (PDF, 228.01 KB)
- The harpsichord: national differences (PDF, 205.38 KB)
- Instruments for beggars and peasants (PDF, 113.55 KB)
- The Harp (PDF, 97.58 KB)
- The Violin (PDF, 110.71 KB)
- The viol da gamba (PDF, 147.71 KB)
- Automatic Musical Instruments in Bar and Salon (PDF, 150.78 KB)
- The Musikinstrumenten-Museum (PDF, 101.36 KB)
- Homage to Curt Sachs (PDF, 75.40 KB)
- Bowed instrument and piano manufacturing in Berlin in the 18th and 19th centuries (PDF, 68.01 KB)
- Musical instruments from the sphere Frederick II of Prussia (PDF, 102.11 KB)
- The Mighty Wurlitzer (PDF, 128.91 KB)
- Electronic musical instruments (PDF, 89.40 KB)
- The Lute (PDF, 220.12 KB)
- Staatliches Institut für Musikforschung Preussischer Kulturbesitz (PDF, 93.31 KB)
- The Guitar (PDF, 130.82 KB)